Recording preview video for App Store
- iPhone 6.5 inch: 886 x 1920
- iPhone 5.5 inch: 1080 x 1920
- iPad 12.9 inch: 1200 x 1600
- Min length: 15 seconds
- Max length: 30 seconds
- Max file size: 500MB
- Must include audio (even if it is silent)
- Upload works only in Safari
Source: App Store Connect Help.
Change MacOS default arrow pointer cursor.
- Download and run Mousecape v 0.0.5
- Mousecape → Install Helper Tool (can be uninstalled later)
- Download WOWidget config, also called cape
- Import cape into Mousecape: File → Import Cape
- Double click to activate
- To deactivate simply delete cape
Source: Mousecape GitHub
- Run Xcode Simulator
- Window → Show Device Bezels: Off 🔴
- Window → Point Accurate: On ✅
Simulator → Preferences
- Show single touches: On ✅
- Show pinch gestures: On ✅
- Start Xcode Simulator
- Start QuickTime Player
- File → New Screen Recording
- Choose: Record Selected Portion
- Timer: None
- Microphone: None
- Show Floating Thumbnail: Off 🔴
- Remember Last Selection: On ✅
- Show Mouse Clicks: Off 🔴
Resize Selected Portion:
- iPhone 6.5 inch: 414 x 897
- iPhone 5.5 inch: 414 x 736
- iPad 12.9 inch: 726 x 968
- To start, click Record
- To stop recording, click the Stop Recording button in the menu bar
Source: QuickTime Player User Guide
App Store Preview requires audio, even if it is silent.
Download one second of silence.
Use Final Cut Pro X Trial.
iMovie does not support custom resolutions.